Updated on 20 Aug 2020
First, we would like to thank you all for your patience and continued support during this unique time. Apologies for the limited communication recently, as much as we wish to provide you with regular updates, we have limited visibility about the resumption of travel and activities in Bintan.
Until recently we were hoping to hold the event in 2020. However, given the Indonesian and Singaporean Government’s ongoing travel restrictions, we have decided to postpone the event until 2021. The specific date will only be announced once we have an indication about when borders will re-open. Please bear with us, we will give you as much notice as possible.
Please also note the following information:
- Race entries:
- Your race entry will be rolled over to the new event date in 2021
- We wish to remind you that, as per our rules and regulations, we are not in a position to offer any refunds. We have previously shared with you the reasons for this and appreciate how understanding and supportive you have been.
- That said, we also understand that it is a rough time for everyone; therefore, we have come up with an alternative that will hopefully help a bit. We are pleased to announce that we will allow race entry transfers (this is an exception to our usual policy and applies to the 2020 race entries of this event only). Every registered participant who had a confirmed entry (i.e. had not cancelled their entry prior to the announcement of the postponement of the event) into the Bintan Triathlon 2020 will be allowed to do a one-time transfer of their race entry to someone else, of their choosing, if they can’t attend the event on the new 2021 date. The detailed transfer guidelines will be announced separately once the new race date is confirmed and announced.
- Ferry tickets and hotel bookings made with hotel partners:
- Please ensure that you get in touch with your ferry company or hotel to inform them whether you wish to keep your booking, or cancel it, so they can update their records.
- Bintan Lagoon Resort – IMPORTANT: If you have a hotel booking at Bintan Lagoon Resort, we recommend that you contact the hotel to request a refund. The hotel is closing and has committed to issuing refunds to all participants. Please follow strictly the below procedure:
- Send a refund request directly to Mr Wahyudi, Director of Rooms (email@example.com) and cc in the following addresses; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refunds may take up to 6 weeks (depending on the bank processing time) and will be credited into the specific cardholders’ credit card which was used as payment for their booking.
Thank you once again for your patience. Just like you, we can’t wait to get back into racing.
Meanwhile, stay fit and healthy.